Waitlist Information for ALL Families
The following information includes information for ALL families:
Family Zone Online System
- Registration/Waitlist is done completely online through Family Zone. No paper applications are accepted.
- Information provided by parents must be accurate. Please ensure your contact information including phone numbers and emails are current, accurate and that you check your email and voicemail frequently.
- If needed, please have an interpreter as there is limited help available to you throughout the application process.
- Legal parents and guardians are only permitted to register their own children, not other family members.
- If the new student is a sibling of a current Almadina student, you will need the Student ID number of the current Almadina sibling (available on the sibling’s report card).
- Please make note of the fees for the 2019-2020 school year
- A $100 non-refundable Resource Fee for school materials from Grades 4 to 9 in the 2019-2020 school year.
- A $250.00 per child bus fee in the 2019-2020 school year.
- An email address (this will be your username)
- 2 Contacts – we require two contacts and one of those contacts must be a parent.
- Full legal names
- Question – Resides with student? Yes or No
- Contact Order – who should we contact first?
- Relationship to Student(s)
- Phone number
- Your child(ren)’s personal information
- Last name, middle name, first name
- Birthdate (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Current Grade
- Expected Grade Upon Entry to Almadina
- School year child will enter Almadina
- Birth Country
- Birth City
- Date of Arrival in Canada (enter birth date if born in Canada)
- Does your child require transportation? Yes or No
- May we access current school student records? Yes or No
- Current School (enter N/A if not applicable. Example: Kindergarten students)
- Medical information
- Epi-pen (if required)
- Inhaler (if required)
Not providing these documents will result in not considering your child(ren)’s application. Please ensure you include all of the required information and documentation.
- After you have added your child(ren) to the waitlist, you MUST upload or email the following documents:
- 1 of the following: Canadian Birth Certificate or Immigration documents or Citizenship documents
- Previous Report cards (except Kindergarten)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure you include all of the required information and documentation.
- If the following documents exist for your child(ren) they MUST also be uploaded.
- Please note the following documents help us better support your child at Almadina. Missing information can cause delay in services your child may require, or insufficient support in the classroom. Not providing these documents will result in NOT considering your child(ren)’s application. If you are unsure, please consult your child’s report card.:
- Psycho-educational assessment reports
- Individualized Program Plans (IPP or IEP)
- Reports from Speech Language Pathologists (SLP), Occupational Therapists (OT), and Physical Therapists (PT)
- Psychological or psychiatric assessment reports
- Reports of testing or remediation conducted by agencies external to a school system (e.g. Sylvan Learning Center, Kumon, Oxford Learning Center, The Reading Foundation, etc…)
- Pediatric or medical reports relating to academic, social, emotional, or behavioral performance
- Pediatric or medical reports relating to allergies, medications, or the need for an inhaler
- All requested documents must be submitted before an application will be processed for consideration and placement.
- No copies of official documents will be made or accepted at either campus. They must be uploaded electronically. The following businesses offer this service:
- The UPS store
- In Source
If you are not able to upload the above documents to the Family Zone system, please E-Mail them to:
- Mountain View campus (K-4): waitlistMV@esl-almadina.com OR
- Ogden Campus (Grade 4-9): waitlistOG@esl-almadina.com
When E-Mailing, please include:
- Subject line: Family last name
- Message should include:
- Student name(s)
- Student grade
- First and last name of Almadina sibling (if applicable)
- ID number of current Almadina sibling found on the report card (if applicable)
- Attachment of ALL required documents
ALL requested documents must be submitted before an application will be processed for consideration.