Helping children do better at school starts with the parents.
We urge you to support your child and encourage them to do their homework because homework benefits your child in many ways.
- Homework strengthens the learning.
- Homework helps your child learn to budget their time.
- Homework teaches good study and work habits and helps students develop self-reliance.
- Homework serves as a catch-up for students who have fallen behind.
- Homework helps teachers identify weaknesses that can be addressed in classroom activities.
- Homework strengthens the ties between home and school.
- Homework helps parents know about what their children are studying and allowing parents to help.
In order to encourage your child to do his or her homework daily you need to agree on a set time for homework. This routine will help create security and will reinforce the idea that homework is more important than other activities. You need to provide an appropriate place to do homework. This should be a comfortable workspace that is free of distraction. Provide encouragement and assistance to your child, but be careful not to do the assignment yourself.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the school at (403)543-5070.