September 23, 2016
I am excited and honored to welcome each and every one of you to the beginning of a new school year at Almadina Language Charter Academy, Ogden Campus. We are eagerly anticipating a successful and rewarding year, and I look forward to working with our dedicated staff, superintendent, board office, and parents to provide an exceptional educational experience for Almadina students. This year we are celebrating our 20 year anniversary.
At Almadina we believe that students are the future. Teaching them important values and helping them make the right decision is a priority. There is nothing more vital than guiding students down the right path and encouraging them to do the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
- We believe that every student has the right to an excellent education and the responsibility to develop their talents and abilities while learning to live peacefully, and respect others. Our learning environment is positive and caring, and thus, supports individual differences and provides all students with the opportunity to take risks in pursuit of excellence.
- We strive to build strong relationships between staff, students, families, and the community.
- We continue to challenge students to be the best that they can be.
- We help them to accept their own and others’ strengths and challenges and celebrate each other’s successes.
- We endeavor to help students to see mistakes not as failures, but as essential parts of the learning process.
- We help students become accountable for their conduct and the development of positive relationships with others as well as to assume their rightful responsibilities as learners.
Throughout the school year, we create opportunities for our families to participate in meetings, celebrations, after school activities, and special days. Parents and students will receive information about these events through our website www.esl-almadina.com. It is very important that parents have current and valid email addresses on file with us in order to receive notice of postings relative to their children.
You will find a copy of our student and parent handbook and transportation handbook on this website. We created it as a framework for working together as a school community, and we will continue to revise it as needed. Our handbook contains pertinent information in regards to our expectations, processes, and procedures. We urge all parents to review this document with their children.
Accordingly, establishing a strong and robust relationship between home and school is essential in order to ensure that our students’ circle of success is completed. We truly appreciate parents’ advocacy for their children’s success and wellbeing and for their continuous support of Almadina Language Charter Academy. We look forward to continue working together as we embark on a new school year.
Ahmad Jamal ElRafih
Principal, Grades 4-9 Ogden Campus
Master in Educational Leadership
Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics