Almadina has put in place procedures and plans that support physical distancing and separate cohorts to the greatest extent possible.
Almadina will be taking the following measures to comply with the Physical Distancing guideline:
- Mandatory masking- Students and staff members must wear masks throughout all common areas and where social distancing is not possible, such as hallways, washrooms, and common areas including classrooms.
- Foot traffic will be limited and guided within the school – Foot traffic will be guided through entrances and exits and floor markers will guide directional traffic flow within the hallways. Teachers will be transitioning between classes as much as possible and not the students. Student transitions will be very limited and staggered as necessary.
- Large gatherings will be limited until health restrictions are removed including field trips, assemblies, school events etc…
- Physical education activities will be altered to meet regulations and provide programming alternatives to students – The school will be providing alternative activities for students, and the majority of PE classes will be held outside in the field to maintain cohort groupings as much as possible.
- Seating plans- Floors will be marked to indicate where desks are to be positioned. Students will be seated in rows in the classroom. Students will not be facing each other nor will they be seated in groups.
- Typical “buddy” groupings (buddy reading, tech buddies) will be postponed at this time
- No greetings that involve physical contact, such as handshakes or hugs.
- In situations where physical distancing is not possible (e.g., busses, classrooms and some sporting activities), extra emphasis on hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and cleaning and disinfecting on a regular basis before and after activities is strongly recommended.
- Scheduled bathroom visits across classrooms to maintain distancing
- Schools consider staggering the start and end of the school day as well as breaks/lunch to reduce the number of students in hallways and common areas
- School start for the in-person learning program will start on September 3, 2020 as outlined on the 2020-2021 school calendar with a staggered start up for the first two weeks to ensure all students are aware of protocols and understand the “new normal”
Grades 1-9:Group A (In-person) – Days 1, 3, 5
Group B (In-person) – Days 2, 4, 6.
Group C (online)
- On September 14, 2020, all students enrolled with the in-person learning program delivery will attend full time.
- On September 8, 2020 all students enrolled with the online learning program will begin online learning full time.
- Students are not to bring foods that require the use of microwaves, counter spaces and utensils.
- Students will not have access to any of the items e.g. counter, utensil, microwave, etc…
- Monitor and supervise bathrooms to minimize student numbers and ensure physical distancing
- All toilet seats must have toilet lids/cover. Toilet lids and covers must be put down prior to flushing.
- All Urinals in boys washrooms will be sealed off completely.
- Encourage staff/students to follow this practice to reduce aerosolized spray. All staff and students are reminded that flushing the toilet is the last action in the washroom before exiting
- Assign students to use different entrances or create directional paths to reduce crowds.
- Sanitization stations will be placed at each entrance for students to use as they enter and leave the building.