- Drop-off/pickup must support physical distancing of 2 meters between all persons (except household members)
- Parents are not permitted to enter any of the school buildings at any time. Staff can transition a student to a waiting parent outside of the school as necessary. Parents are not to congregate at the entry for parent drop off and pick up. All student drop offs and pick ups must take place during the designated times. No early drop offs or late pick ups will be allowed.
- Screen your child daily – Use the Pre-Screening COVID-19 Assessment tool daily to determine if your child has any symptoms of COVID-19 and should not enter the building and/or attend school. Follow MOH guidelines or call 811 to determine the need for testing and/or self-isolation. Your child can return to school following MOH guidelines.
- Parent/Teacher Interviews will be conducted via video conferencing platforms or phone calls.
- Self-Screen – In the event you have been scheduled by school personnel to enter the school, use the Pre-Screening COVID-19 Assessment tool, and do not enter if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
What happens if my child becomes symptomatic during the school day?
- If a child becomes symptomatic the office manager or the administration will call home or emergency contacts to pick up the child as soon as possible, and parents will seek health advice from Alberta Health Services (AHS).
- The child will be isolated as much as possible, either in a designated isolated space or in the classroom.
- The student can return to school following Medical Officer of Health guidelines including screening, and testing if directed by AHS to identify and mitigate risk.
- In the event that a student is diagnosed with COVID-19, AHS will direct and consult with the family and school to mitigate and manage risks within the community on a case-by-case basis.
- No one directed home due to the onset of symptoms will be permitted to return until they confirm a negative COVID-19 test.
- If your child has a known, pre-existing condition that causes COVD-19 symptoms, they should be tested to confirm that COVID-19 is not the cause of the symptoms and to establish a “baseline” for staff.
- Should two or more members of a cohort develop symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we will initiate the “outbreak notification procedure” that is to be provided by Alberta Health Services prior to the beginning of the school year.
- All volunteer services and opportunities have been postponed until further notice.