ALCA Charter Mandate
Almadina Language Charter Academy (ALCA) operates as a charter school with a unique emphasis on English language acquisition. This charter was granted in 1996 by the Alberta Minister of Education and is mandated to deliver the Alberta Program of Studies (ECS – Grade 9) with English language acquisition as a major outcome.
- Almadina Language Charter Academy (English as a second language)
- Calgary Arts Academy (arts immersion curriculum)
- Calgary Girls’ School (an all-girls and all-for-girls grades 4-9 learning environment)
- Connect Charter School (inquiry-based, technology-rich program)
- Foundations for the Future Charter Academy (academic excellence and character development)
- Westmount Charter School (gifted education)
As a charter school, Almadina School Society welcomes and encourages members of the general public to join the Society as an Associate Member. An Associate Member shall be any person other than Parents or Legal Guardians of students enrolled in the Charter School, Staff Member or any person employed/contracted by the Society and must be at least 18 years of age (Article 4.1.2). To become an Associate Member of Almadina School Society, please complete the following and submit to the Almadina School Society Office.
For further information on Alberta Charter Schools, please visit The Association of Alberta Public Charter Schools’ website.