On a yearly basis, registration at Almadina for kindergarten to grade nine occurs online through our Family Zone website. Currently-enrolled students must re-enroll first. Next, the waitlist is opened to kindergarten to grade nine siblings of current students. Last, the waitlist is opened to brand new families with kindergarten to grade 9 students.
All the information that you require is available on the website. The schools are very busy and are unable to give personal information and assistance over the phone. This includes waitlist numbers.
See the table below for links to detailed information specific to re-enrollment, sibling waitlist and new families waitlist information.
Our Charter and Acceptance Process
- Almadina Language Charter Academy serves ESL students as mandated by our Charter.
- All current students must re-enroll every year.
- All new students must be added to the waitlist.
- All bus fees must be up to date in order to re-enroll.
- Students on the waitlist must re-apply every year to stay on the waitlist.
- Siblings of current students are given priority; acceptance is based on if there is space in the grade and the sibling’s position on the waitlist. After siblings have been contacted, new families to Almadina may be contacted from the waitlist.
- Applicants may be contacted by phone to schedule a language proficiency assessment
- Each year, the number of waitlist students contacted for language proficiency assessment varies depending on classroom space and the number of siblings.
- Parents will be contacted by phone when there is SPACE available in the grade their child is applying for. ONLY if:
- Language Proficiency Assessment has been completed.
- Recent report cards have been submitted to the system.
- Additional documents (Individual Program Plans, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology and Government documents) have been submitted to the system.
- During re-enrollment time, the offices at both campuses are very busy. If you have questions please read the frequently asked questions below and visit Re-enrollment Process and Waitlist Information for ALL Families section of this website. Assistance will not be provided over the phone at any time.
- Only legal parents and guardians may re-enroll/register their child(ren) on Family Zone.
- We rely on accurate information from parents/guardians. When information is incorrect, we are not able to process re-enrollment/waitlist information. Please ensure information is up-to-date and correctly entered (i.e. most recent report card, email address, phone number, birth date).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure you include the all of the required information and documentation.
Link to detailed list of the required information and documentation: Re-enrollment Process and Waitlist Information for ALL Families.
Please click the sections below that apply to your child(ren).
|Re-enrollment of Current Students of Almadina
February 15, 2018 – March 15, 2018
|Adding a Sibling of a Current Almadina Student to the Waitlist
March 8, 2018 starting at 4pm – May 10, 2018
|Adding a New Student (New Family) to the WaitlistTBD|
|Re-enrollment Process & Waitlist Information for ALL Families|