On a yearly basis, registration at Almadina for kindergarten to grade nine occurs online through our Family Zone website. Currently-enrolled students must re-enroll first. Next, the waitlist is opened to kindergarten to grade nine siblings of current students. Last, the waitlist is opened to brand new families with kindergarten to grade 9 students.
See the table below for links to detailed information specific to re-enrollment, sibling waitlist and new families waitlist information.
Our Charter and Acceptance Process
- Almadina Language Charter Academy serves ESL students as mandated by our Charter.
- All current students must re-enroll every year.
- All new students must be added to the waitlist.
- Students on the waitlist must re-apply every year to stay on the waitlist.
- Siblings of current students are given priority; acceptance is based on if there is space in the grade and the sibling’s position on the waitlist. After siblings have been contacted, new families to Almadina may be contacted from the waitlist.
- Applicants may be contacted by phone to schedule a language proficiency assessment
- Each year, the number of waitlist students contacted for language proficiency assessment varies depending on classroom space and the number of siblings.
- Following the language proficiency assessment, parents will be contacted by phone if their child has been offered a place at Almadina.
- Parents can find out where on the waitlist their child(ren) is/are once language proficiency assessments have started. Waitlist ranking numbers become available on the Family Zone website in mid-spring and may change due to sibling priority, completeness of waitlist application, and/or if all correct documents have been received. Ranking numbers will not be provided over the phone due to the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
- During re-enrollment time, the offices at both campuses are very busy. If you have questions please read the frequently asked questions below and visit Re-enrollment Process and Waitlist Information for ALL Families section of this website. Assistance will not be provided over the phone at any time.
- Only legal parents and guardians may re-enroll/register their child(ren) on Family Zone.
- We rely on accurate information from parents/guardians. When information is incorrect, we are not able to process re-enrollment/waitlist information. Please ensure information is up-to-date and correctly entered (i.e. email address, phone number, birth date).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure you include the all of the required information and documentation.
- Link to detailed list of the required information and documentation: Re-enrollment Process and Waitlist Information for ALL Families.
Please click the sections below that apply to your child(ren).
|Re-enrollment of Current Students of Almadina
February 15, 2017 – March 10, 2017
|Adding a Sibling of a Current Almadina Student to the Waitlist
March 1, 2017 starting at 4pm, 2017 – May 15, 2017
|Adding a New Student (New Family) to the Waitlist
March 16, 2017 starting at 4pm – May 15, 2017
|Re-enrollment Process & Waitlist Information for ALL Families|
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the registration process requires that parents upload digital copies of the following original documents:
- 1 of the following: Canadian Birth Certificate or Immigration Papers or Citizenship Documents
We also request:
- Alberta Health Care Card Number
- Immunization Records
Please visit the Re-enrollment Process and Waitlist Information for ALL Families section for a detailed list of all required documents and further details.
These documents are checked, verified and reported through the Student Information System.
The documents can also be emailed to the following email addresses:
- Mountain View campus (K-4): waitlistMV@esl-almadina.com
- Ogden Campus (Grade 4-9): waitlistOG@esl-almadina.com
When emailing documents, please include:
- Subject line: Family last name
- Message must include:
- Student name(s)
- Student grade
- First and last name of Almadina sibling
- ID number of Almadina sibling found on the report card
Please visit the Re-enrollment Process and Waitlist Information for ALL Families section for a detailed list and more information.
This information was for 2017-2018 wait list and re-enrollment and remains here as a reference. The wait list system is now closed. Please return to this page during the 2017-2018 school year for information regarding 2018-2019 wait list and re-enrollment dates.
Current Almadina students will re-enroll on February 15th, 2017.
New siblings of current students enroll to the wait list on March 1st, 2017.
Families new to Almadina enroll to the waitlist on March 16, 2017.
Please refer to the website for information on registration early in the new year.
Registration is done completely online. There is no paper registration available. Families cannot register their children at either of the schools.
No. Space is quite limited. New siblings and new students are accepted if there is space in the grade and we can accommodate your child’s needs.
Parents can find out where on the waitlist their child(ren) is/are on the waitlist once we have started the language proficiency assessments. This date will be posted online after registration is complete.
Per the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy, Almadina will not provide information from the waitlist over the telephone. Parents must access information on where their child(ren) are online.
If your children will not be attending Almadina next year, you must contact their campus office manager and inform them.
Ogden – 403-543-5070
Mountain View – 403-543-5074
All children who, as of December 31 of the current school year, are five years of age but less than six years of age will be admitted to Kindergarten at Almadina Language Charter Academy if they meet our Charter Mandates and there are spaces available.
Beginning March 8, 2017 at 9:00am you may go to Family Zone to create a username and password.