Mr. Jamal ElRafih
Superintendent of School’s Message:
I am excited and honored to be selected as new Superintendent of Schools for the 2019-2020 school year. I would like to start by welcoming each and everyone of you to the beginning of a new school year at Almadina Language Charter Academy. I am eagerly anticipating a successful and rewarding year and I look forward to working with our dedicated board members, staff, and parents to provide an exceptional educational experience for Almadina students.
I have been very fortunate to have been part of the success as well as the challenges Almadina faced from 1996 to 2019. From the beginning, I have been involved as an educational advisor to the founding fathers of Almadina, also I have worked as a Mathematics Teacher, Vice Principal and a Principal. I was also the AISI coordinator, some of the projects we worked on included Literacy Strategies for the ESL Learner, Inquiry Based Math and Science, also Improving Language Acquisition through Fine Arts.
My commitment and experience will help in creating a strong learning environment. I hope you share my sense of excitement, rejuvenation, and anticipation of what will be a tremendous school year of success and growth for our students and our staff. I continue to pursue my dream of moving Almadina forward, and helping the students reach their full potential. There is nothing more vital than guiding students down the right path and encouraging them to become responsible citizens.
As your new Superintendent I believe:
- that, every student has the right to an excellent education and the responsibility to develop their talents and abilities while learning to live peacefully, and respect others.
- that students are the future. Teaching them important values and helping them make the right decision is a priority.
- that, the learning environment at Almadina, is positive and caring, and thus, supports individual differences and provides all students with the opportunity to take risks in pursuit of excellence.
This year I will:
- strive to build strong relationships between the board, staff, students, families, and the community.
- challenge students to be the best that they can be and help them accept their strengths and differences and celebrate each other’s successes.
- encourage students to see mistakes not as failures, but as essential parts of the learning process.
- encourage students to be accountable for their conduct and the development of positive relationships with others as well as to assume their rightful responsibilities as learners.
I believe in establishing strong relationships between home and school to ensure that our students’ circle of success is completed. I look forward to working together as we embark on a new school year.
Ahmad Jamal ElRafih
Superintendent of Schools
Leadership Quality Certification
Master in Educational Leadership
Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics