At Almadina we have developed a strong language across the curriculum approach. Teachers are both language acquisition facilitators as well as subject and/or grade level specialists. ALCA is also an associate member of the Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA).
There are no current opportunities.
There are currently no positions available
Almadina Language Charter Academy requires Substitute Teachers. Applicants must have Alberta Teacher Certificate. Employment is contingent upon the provision of a clear Police Information and Vulnerable Sector Search Check. Preference will be given to applicants with ESL University courses or experience working with ESL students.
Almadina Language Charter Academy has two campuses; the Ogden Middle School Campus serving Grades 4-9 and the Mountain View Elementary Campus with ECS to Grade 4. Please indicate which grades you are interested in.
Please submit the following documentation to start the application process:
– Cover Letter
– 3 Professional References
– Alberta Teaching Certificate
– Police Criminal Information and Vulnerable Sector Search Check
– Two recent evaluations must accompany your application. Must be practicum or teaching experience related.
Email attachments with subject line “SUBSTITUTE TEACHING POSITION” to Executive Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.
Please visit our website at www.esl-almadina.com for more information about our school.
Almadina Language Charter Academy is seeking an Education Assistant to cover a Maternity leave. This position will be Feb 5 – June 28, 2018.. Applicants will be eligible for benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school graduation with completion of an Education Assistant Program, university education courses and/or diploma. Excellent written and spoken English modelling is essential. Demonstrated behaviour management skills and experience working with English Second Language Learners are assets. Communication skills, patience, enthusiasm and flexibility are necessary qualities to be successful in this position.
2 recent evaluations must be forwarded, one from an educational program such as a practicum and one work experience related. If they have an E.A. certificate, a copy has to be forwarded. A reference list with two professional references must be submitted as well.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Working under the supervision of certificated teachers you will assist students and teachers in the classroom; motivate and encourage students to participate in classroom activities; demonstrate tasks; prepare and duplicate materials; use technology to support student learning and perform other related duties as directed. You will be responsible for supervision of students in the classroom and during recess and lunch hour.
Visit www.esl-almadina.com for more information on our charter.
No positions are currently available
Almadina School Society, doing business as Almadina Language Charter Academy – a public charter school, seeks a part-time (3 days a week 0.6 FTE) Accounting Assistant for its school authority. The schools deliver the Alberta Program of Studies with a focus on English language acquisition to 1117 students in grades K to 9 with children in full day ECS. Due to continuous enrolment growth, Almadina is looking to add an Accounting Assistant to support the Secretary Treasurer in his duties.
The main responsibilities include:
- responsible for the complete accounts payable cycle from reviewing invoices to processing payments;
- prepare Purchase Orders for Secretary Treasurer’s signature;
- prepare monthly source deductions and ATRF remittances;
- prepare bank reconciliation for review by Secretary Treasurer;
- prepare various monthly account reconciliation as necessary;
- assist with preparation of year-end paper for external audit
- assist the Secretary Treasurer and Superintendent with other tasks as assigned
The candidate must:
- have post-secondary education related to accounting;
- have at least 3 years of experience with accounts payable;
- have good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Words;
- have experience with Simply (Sage) Accounting or similar accounting software;
- possess excellent communication skills;
- be a team player.
Please submit your electronic application, including a cover letter, a copy of your post-secondary diploma, your resume, and the names, positions and telephone contact information for three recent professional references to Wanda Hayes, Executive Secretary, at email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and incomplete application packages will not be considered. A clear Criminal Record / Vulnerable Sector check is a condition of employment.