ALCA School Board
#118, 3132 26 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 6Z1
Tel: (403) 543-5078 Fax: (403) 543-5079
The ALCA school board would like to encourage all parents also participate in school activities, such as monthly school council meetings and/or volunteering at the campuses. Parents are invited to share any plans or initiatives that could improve the school and students’ education.
The ALCA school board is committed to working with campus administration and staff for a period of three years to achieve all the goals and objectives that were established for the purpose of improving education for students. The goals for the next three year are as follows:
- Parent Volunteers: Parents are encouraged to participate in school activities, volunteer for student trips and attend monthly parent council meetings. The School Council will continue to work with parents to recruit more parent volunteers.
- Academic Achievement: Through the efforts of the school board, parents, and teachers, ALCA will strive to help students reach their full potential.
- International Languages Program: The International Language Committee will continue to improve the program with plans to hire more certificated teachers to teach International Languages to students and invest in additional resources to enhance the program.
- Technology: The ALCA school board is planning to increase the number of computers in the school with a committment to ensuring that all computers are functioning. A plan for a computer interactive system that will increase communication between the teacher with both the students and parents is also underway. All board member email addresses can be accessed by the Almadina School Society Board of Directors contact list.
- Transportation: Historically, the ALCA school board has operated the busing service with a deficit in place. Some options will be further explored in order to minimize the deficit while maintaining the quality of busing service for students.
- School registration Cap: Due to continuous improvements in the school, more parents are choosing ALCA. Currently, the school registration cap is 979 FTE and ECS, which has resulted in a waiting list. The ALCA school board will continue to work with the Ministry of Education to increase the registration cap to more than 1000 students to give more opportunity for families wishing to register at Almadina. Long-term growth also includes investigating the opportunity of obtaining a third campus for the school.